That Fully Loaded Gourd Thali Meal - Done

- January 23, 2018


A friend gave me tender, home grown snake gourds/chichinda & pointy gourds/padval last week. Instead of using them right away, they found their way to the bottom of my veggie crisper🙄🤦‍♀️ I saw them today & decided to make them both

Clockwise :
1. That Super Mild Snake Gourd Curry
I tempered vegetable oil with mustard seeds, cumin seeds, green chillies, dried red chillies, asafoetida, ginger & onions. I added in the gourds along with a little water, salt, turmeric powder, cumin powder, dried fenugreek leaves & cooked till done. I switched off the gas & briskly whisked in salted room temperature yogurt
2. Those Foofoo Pointy Gourds
These are not my favourites because of the hard seeds they have. But they're super nutritious, so I eat them
I tempered seasoned mustard oil with mustard seeds, cumin seeds, garlic, asafoetida, curry leaves & onions. I added in only salt & a spice mix from the Kolhapur region of India. I added the gourds, tomatoes & fresh coriander & cooked till done

3. That Freshly Steamed Rice

4. Those whole wheat parathas

I usually don't like to peel gourds unless their skin is tough, but I just can't bring myself to eat the skin of pointy gourds🤦‍♀️

What's one veggie's skin that you just can't eat and why? .


Advertisement


EmoticonEmoticon

 

Start typing and press Enter to search